7.20.2016

ICELAND 2016




Hey Guys, long time no speak! I've been so busy this year with work and doing my own freelancing, so I've barely had time to catch up with you! So this post is lonnnng overdue but as I am going to Australia in October and Berlin during the Christmas Holidays, I needed to get this post out for you.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this photo blog about me and my Dad's trip to Iceland. 


 



This trip was a birthday present off my Dad. Me and him went to Iceland for a few days in hope of crossing off one of our bucket list items, seeing the Northern Lights. We were told February was the best time of the year to see them, so we packed our bags and went.

As soon as we got off the plane I was in another world. Growing up in England we don't get really exciting weather, unless rain and wind is your thing. So walking out of the airport into a world full of snow and crystal blue skys was breathtaking.

We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring around the area and getting our bearings in the stunning but small city of Reykjavik.


 





After exploring and an amazing meal, we went back to the hotel to wait for our first attempt to see the Northern Lights.  

The tour guide complained of bad conditions with the snow fall making the sky hard to see. After travelling out of the City and away from light pollution we caught a glimpse of the lights from the tour bus... They were like nothing I have ever seen before. All the photos on Google cannot compare. The way that they moved was like a gymnast and their ribbon, they twinkled and slowly changed colour from green to purple. Even trying to describe it, I cannot come close.

Above you can see my horrible photo of the lights, my iPhone6 is great at taking photos during the day, but at night time, and when I need to set an exposure, it's not so good. I only tried to take a few shots and then watched and enjoyed the lights myself. 


 



After a successful night, we were up early and started out on the Golden Triangle Tour, one of the most popular tour routes in the country to see the Ireland's unique natural wonders.

You cannot take a bad picture in Iceland. We saw wonders such as the Icelandic Sunrise, the Geysers, Waterfalls, The National Park and Visible Tectonic Plates. 


 



I hope that you have enjoyed reading this post, I am going to be posting photo blogs whenever I travel as I think it's amazing to document the places that I have been. If you want to follow my journey please follow me on bloglovin or on any of the usual social media. See you soon!
 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'd love to go to Iceland! Your pictures are amazing :)

    Kelsey x
    www.kelsey-rose.com

    ReplyDelete

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig