4.09.2015

VEGAN BRUSH SHAMPOO REVIEW



Hi Guys!
This post is going to be a review on a product that I have been obsessed with lately.
Solid Brush shampoo!

I came across this as I was browsing the shelves in Liberty London, I always look here as you can usually find amazing products that not many people know about yet, here I came across the London Brush Company Brush Shampoo.

This company sells two kinds of brush cleansers Goat Milk and Young Coconut Milk, both are cruelty-free and the coconut version is 100% vegan. I love trying out vegan products so I thought I would give this one a go and see what I think.

__________________________________________________



Before trying this I used to wash my brushes with a mixture of olive oil and antibacterial washing up liquid, this was cheap and it got all of the dirt out whilst still maintaining the condition of the brush hair - or so I thought.

Whilst following the instructions which are helpfully printed on the lid I went about my merry way and started cleaning all of my used brushes. I was shocked at the amount of dirt came off them! Because of this I washed them all again to give them a good clean as it was obvious that my old method didn't get EVERYTHING out. The next day when I was applying my daily make-up I noticed that my brushes were a lot softer than before and my make-up was able to be applied a lot more easily and much more smoothly.

I have been using this product for about two months now and I am still impressed every time that I wash my brushes at the amount of dirt slides off. Also, as it is a solid shampoo it lasts a very long time. Two months, using it two times a week and I haven't even made a dent in the pot, which I am very happy about.

Another long term perk is that my skin is a lot happier too, I thought that my old method cleaned my brushes well but as it turns out it was just harbouring bacteria, which was then being applied back onto my face...

I'd advise everyone who uses brushes to invest in a good cleanser. Not only are you taking better care of your already expensive brushes, but you are taking care of your skin too.

Both the Goats Milk and the Young Coconut Milk Brush Shampoo are £16 from Liberty London.

You can also buy a Lavender version of the Goats Milk for the same price which infuses your brushes with a comforting scent.


Let me know in the comments what is the best way you have found to clean your brushes?






SHARE:

12 comments

  1. This product looks perfect - this is exactly what I need for my brushes!! Lovely post & blog hun xx

    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au
    stop by my blog if you like <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend this to anyone, thank you so much! Of course I will check out your blog, I usually have a trawl through blogs on a late Friday night so if you don't see anything, thats why :P xx

      Delete
  2. I wanted to try something like for a while now, I always wash my brushes with regular shampoo but I don't feel as convinced. Thanks for this post, it's great!! You have a lovely blog!

    Marielisa
    www.primpandwear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that for a bit and thats when I thought, oh but its not antibacterial which is when I moved over to washing up liquid and then after this I was amazed at the difference! Definitely never going back to washing up liquid haha! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I need something like this in my life!! :)<3

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I definitely want to give this a try :) x

    luvleenb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! Had never heard of this before - definitely want to get my hands on it now! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much, I've been telling everyone that will listen to me about it! haha, Thanks! xx

      Delete
  7. Wow I've never heard of this before, I also use olive oil and dishwashing soap to clean my brushers. I should really check this out!

    crush-on-blush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really would, it's amazing. Thanks! xx :)

      Delete

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig