4.30.2015

APRIL FAVOURITES 2015


Hey Guys! It's been a crazy month. I am getting more visitors to this little blog, I got my dream job, and I have a ton of favourites to share with you all! Just like last month I am going to be taking you through all of my favourites for the month of April!

__________________________________________________

MAKEUP


Maybelline - Lash Sensational Mascara

I don't know why I ever stopped using Maybelline Mascara, I always veer off and try some £20 brand that never does the job as well as this dependable drug store brand. This particular mascara gives you an amazing false lash effect whilst preventing any clumps and bumps!

You can purchase Lash Sensational Mascara here for £6.79.

__________________________________________________



Benefit - Brow Zings

Last month I was having a bit of a brownmare, I bought every pencil and powder known to man and I may have walked out with scouse brows a few times... But it's okay, because I rooted around my make-up drawer and gave this another shot, I originally stopped using this because the brushes included are a bit fiddly. But with persistence you can get that dream brow look. All is well in the brow department now.

You can purchase Brow Zings here for £20.99.

__________________________________________________

SKINCARE


Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Eye

"You're 21, why do you need eye cream?" I hear you ask. Well I don't, not yet. Starting a good anti-aging routine younger can help prevent the wrinkles in the future. I love this eye cream from Kiehl's as it reduces the beautiful dark circles I inherited from my Mum (thanks...) and protects my eyes from any future wrinkles that may occur.

You can purchase Midnight Recovery Eye here for £29.99.

__________________________________________________


Original Source - Skin Quench

I have recently been trying to moisturize my body after every shower. And even though it is a pain and I never want to do it, (no matter how nice this body lotion smells) I have noticed a huge difference in the skin on my body. My skin appears brighter, more even and it feels a lot healthier. This lotion is cheap and effective and I am definitely going to rebuy it.

You can purchase Skin Quench here for £2.99.

__________________________________________________

HAIR


Batiste Dry Shampoo - Strength & Shine

I have been a lover of Batiste for a long time. This new addition to the range tides me over between hair washes and still manages to keep my hair looking smooth and healthy. If you are an avid dry shampoo user you will know the struggles of fighting the scarecrow look first thing in a morning. This will stop that once and for all.

You can purchase Batiste Strength & Shine here for £3.99

__________________________________________________

FRAGRANCE


Burberry Body - Tender

It's almost Summer and even though it feels like the weather is going backwards in England, I can still try and make myself feel as summery as possible. This perfume is one of my favourites. It's my perfect summer scent and even though it is high price, a couple sprays of this and you are done for the day.

You can purchase Burberry Body Tender here for £48.00

__________________________________________________

TELEVISION


Netflix - The Good Wife

My friend recommended this show to me, and out of curiousity I decided to give the first episode a watch... I haven't stopped and I am obsessed. The show has a very strong female lead and it shows how amazing women can be in the work place. It mixes law and politics and has some amazing storylines. I cannot recommend it enough!

__________________________________________________

MUSIC



My House - Pvris

I have been obsessed with this band all month and I cannot stop listening to the whole of White Noise. It was very hard for me to choose just one song of theirs. It's fast paced rock that I've been listening first thing in a morning to wake me up and at the gym to keep me going.

__________________________________________________

FOOD



Conscious Raw Chocolate - Coconut Crunch

I know what you are thinking. Raw Chocolate? Yes, and it is surprisingly nice, it is very high quality chocolate so you cannot eat it all at once and it gets rid of the sweet tooth craving quickly. I wouldn't co buying it every week because of the crazy price tag, but every once in a while it's okay to treat yourself to stuff that you love, high quality chocolate is definitely a weakness of mine. It is mixed with a lot of good stuff so it's probably as close as we are going to get to 'healthy' chocolate.

You can purchase a bar of Conscious Chocolate here for £5.96

__________________________________________________

HOME



Beefayre - Bluebell

I have always been a lover of candles, I have recently decided to go to the Soy route. Soy candles burn a lot cleaner, which means the air that you breathe is cleaner. As someone who is at risk of lung cancer, this means a lot to me. I like that I can have a lovely smelling room with clean air. Not only that, but for the same cost as a Yankee Candle it actually lasts much longer.

You can purchase Beefayre's Bluebell Candle here for £15.99

__________________________________________________

TYPEFACE



Brown

I may be a little obsessed with this font of late. It has become my new Gotham. And even though I know I need to pull back on my obsession, I can still talk to you guys about it. All of it's weights are gorgeous and it looks good next to anything. It is great as body copy and as headline text and you can integrate it into your websites!

You can get the full family from MyFonts for £168.98

__________________________________________________

WEBSITE


How much does it cost to swing a cat in London?

It's no secret that there is a housing crisis in London, only the rich can afford to buy housing in London and men and women in their 40's are having to share housing with graduates because of ever rising rents. This website is designed to increase awareness to the crisis, it calculates how much it would cost you to buy the space needed to swing a cat in your area. Yes it's funny but also serious and it gets the point across very well. 


__________________________________________________

BLOGGER



avec danielle

I've been reading a lot more blogs this month. There's been a lot of favourites and I wish that I could post them all here, but we'd be here forever and it's already turning into a monster of a post. 

Danielle's blog stands out to me as I am always checking it for updates Its' every creative persons dream. A beautifully designed blog, inspirational photography and straight to the point writing. In Danielle's own words her blog is "personal style, current favorites in fashion & beauty, places I've traveled, what music I'm listening to at the moment, or whatever else comes to mind!"

You can view Danielle's blog here

__________________________________________________

That is all of my favourites this month, I hope you enjoyed reading it as it has been a very mixed bag. I enjoyed including my favourite font and website so let me know in the comments if you would like me to do more of that!

Do you have any favourites this month?




SHARE:

14 comments

  1. this is so incredibly nice siobhan!! i'm so glad you enjoy my blog, thanks so much for writing about it <3

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no worries, your blog is amazing, big fan :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been using the Lash Sensational mascara as well, it's so good! Definitely as good, if not better, than some high end mascaras!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree with you! I feel a lot of high end mascaras leave me feeling disappointed as I spend so much when I get better outcomes with drug store! It's definitely a mistake I will not be making again. xx

      Delete
  3. I have the brow zing and feel like it dries up to quickly and feel clumpy on my brows :/ guess its just me haha

    Ambra | fridaysarefab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, that's interesting... I've had mine for more than a year now and it's fine, I find that it clumps up on the brushes if I I've been lazy and haven't cleaned them that week, haha. I don't know if that makes any difference to you? I hope so! Thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I completely agree with the mascara! I always end up trying some expensive, designer mascara but end up back to my good ol Maybelline. Batiste is also my favorite dry shampoo!
    Enjoyed reading you favorites, thanks for sharing.

    Christine | DimesandDonuts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly, I think it's because people believe price = quality, and thats not always the case, I swear by drugstore concealer, mascara and lip products, there's just some things that cannot be beaten! Thank you so much! :) xx

      Delete
  5. That candel sounds amazing!! :)<3

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I am sparingly using it because I don't want it to end! haha. xx

      Delete
  6. this post is super pretty! i wanted to try that mascara for ages and now you have persuaded me! check out my blog if you like! XXXX https://thefashionchatter.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should it's so worth it, I was using a B. one before I got this and as soon as I realised how good it was the B. one was in the trash haha! :) and yes of course I will! :) xx

      Delete
  7. That brow zings caught my eye when I went to benefit the other day, I'm still a little bit scared to try and do more research about it. The batiste dry shampoo... I've been hearing that quite alot these days. Hopefully I'll be able to find that near my place.
    http://joycentricity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find it, it's been a big thing in England for a long time so it's a must for second or third day hair. With the brow zings it's not for everyone, some people honestly prefer a pencil but I like the natural brows that this gives me, it is hard to get the hand of it, but worth it! :) xx

      Delete

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig