3.26.2015

WEEKLY DESIGN FAVOURITES



Hey guys! Even though it's been just over a week it feels like it's been years since I last posted I've missed you all so much!

As you know I went on holiday to Tunisia, and apart from all the drama over there last week it was beautiful, and warm and a lovely rest, I hadn't been on holiday for nearly four years, so I really needed some sunshine!

I'm gonna kick things off again with some design favourites, as you all know I am a newly graduated junior designer in London, so I see A LOT of design on a daily basis, both in the office and as I am looking for inspiration, I am going to use these "weekly favourites" as a way to update all of you guys what I am loving and for myself just to take note of what is catching my eye.



I love inconsistent logos I am a huge fan of Steven Sagmeister's branding with this type of logo, I feel like it makes a design more flexible and fun, it is easier to apply across an identity. I feel that right now these logos are really starting to become a trend and I'm all for it! It may be more work for the designer (as always) but I feel like it is totally worth it!




I love typography, calligraphy and hand written text. I love them even more when they come in the form of an inspirational quote that I can relate to. I feel that I always compare myself to how successful other are. Which can be a great motivator, but it isn't always healthy. I have a lot of role models - I am lucky to have such inspirational people around me. But I also need to learn that I am good and special in my own ways too.




Beautiful patterns make me happy! Especially when they are geometric and simple. These are traditional Japanese Patterns and I could honestly stare at them all day!




Okay, so take away the horrid QR code on the front of the bottle and you have yourself a gorgeous design. This packaging for Ghost Ship Rum takes my breath away with how they capture the haunted feeling and still have the packaging premium.




I love monochrome, so much that 99% of my wardrobe is black and white, but recently I have slowly started to inject a bit of colour into both my wardrobe and my work. This is an amazing way at adding hierarchy and emphasis on certain design elements. But also - it looks great, and can lift any design.




Last but not least my last weekly favourite comes in the form of a website. I am unsure if this is a real Starbucks website or just a personal project from a very talented designer. I am inspired by the gorgeous layout, the stunning product photography and the use of bright with neutral colours. It makes me want a Starbucks now.

Let me know if you enjoyed this post and if you would like me to do more! I really enjoyed writing about my favourite designs and if you have anything for me to look at please let me know in the comments section below!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig