3.29.2015

MARCH FAVOURITES


Hey Guys, today I am going to be showing you my March Favourites!

Originally I wanted to post another monthly Netflix favourites, but when I realised I had so much that I wanted to tell you about I decided to mash it all up together and do a monthly favourites instead, so now there is something for everyone.

__________________________________________________

BEAUTY
TOO FACED PRIMED & PORELESS


I used to only wear primers for special occasions or in summer to stop makeup from melting off my face. But as I was being shade matched for a foundation at Debenhams the artist said that using a primer with the below foundation would help it stay put for longer.

After using this five days a week for just over a month now I am in love. I am now a primer girl! It makes my skin so smooth and it's a million times easier to apply make-up. It also doesn't make my foundation go patchy AND I have no allergic reaction to it what-so-ever (I have stupidly sensitive skin).


__________________________________________________

BAREMINERALS MATTE


As I said above I have horrible sensitive skin, with most types of makeup after about an hour of wearing it, it starts to itch, like crazy. And I usually end up coming home from work with scratch marks all over my face (yup, that bad).

I finally took out my purse and purchased this Bareminerals Matte Powder Foundation. I have been hugely skeptical about this product but now that I have tried it I am very impressed, it has amazing coverage, it matches my complexion perfectly and it doesn't itch! This is a holy grail product for me now!


__________________________________________________

SKINCARE
LUSH MASK OF MAGNAMINTY


I am always on a hunt for something to give my skin a bit of a pick me up. This month I have been loving this mask by Lush. Not only does it treat your skin it also acts as a great face scrub too! I usually use this just after I come out of the shower when all of my pores are open and let it do it's business.

It has a satisfying tingling effect at first but when it drys and you take it off your skin is amazingly smooth! As I am living in London and I have oily skin all the pollution and dirt can clog my pores so easily so this has been a lifesaver to keep my skin as healthy as possible.


__________________________________________________

YES TO CUCUMBERS FACE WIPES


As soon as I come in after work all I want to do is take my makeup off and relax. Cheap face wipes can irritate and burn my skin easily so using soft and gently wipes like these makes things go a lot smoother.

They are expensive for face wipes but all you have to use is one and it gets everything off, unlike the two or three you are using with cheaper brands. I carry the small packs of these wherever I go because you never know when you are going to need one!


__________________________________________________

HAIR
THE BODY SHOP ARGAN OIL


The Body Shop is one of my go to places when I know exactly what I want and I want it to be good quality. I used to live out of here in university and I still sometimes do.

This month my hair has been very dry and not loving life. So to combat this I have been spraying a little of this argan oil directly onto it after a shower to make sure that the ends of my hair is kept moisturized. I have used oils in my hair for a couple of years now but I have only just realised how much I love the smell of argan oil. So if you want lovely shiny and nice smelling hair pick this up!


__________________________________________________

NAILS
ESSIE APRICOT CUTICLE OIL


I am not a nail biter. I am a cuticle biter, which is probably worse. My hands and my nail beds get very dry easily and I have a habit of picking at them and making them swore.

I have been using this oil every morning and night on my nail beds and it has dramatically improved my nail beds, they are much softer and less dry.


__________________________________________________

TELEVISION
NEW GIRL


So I'm still watching old american sitcoms, no surprise there. But I have taken a mini break from Friends and I am now watching New Girl. I have watched the first couple of seasons before but just like Friends it always makes me laugh a second time round and I love all of the characters especially Cece and Schmidt are just hilarious. I'm sure you have all seen or heard of this show but if not put on your Netflix and give it a watch.

__________________________________________________

BOOK
JOHN GREEN - PAPER TOWNS


I am a book worm, I read everything and anything that catches my eye and interests me. One of these books has been John Green's Paper Towns. I am a huge fan of John Green's work, both on YouTube as a Nerdfighter and as an amazing author. His book "The Fault In Our Stars" helped me when my Mother was diagnosed and sadly died of Lung Cancer and I am very grateful to him for writing it.

Since then I have become a very loyal reader and his books continue to impress me. This particular book is about to become a movie soon, I very rarely watch the films of books so I thought that I would read this before everyone starts to talk about it. So far I have fallen in love with every character, and every chapter. I'm not going to spoil it for you, just read it.


__________________________________________________

MUSIC
PHOEBE RYAN - IGNITION / DO YOU... (MASHUP)


In work we have the radio on for all 8-10 hours of the day, so I listen to a lot of music, this month I have been loving this song by Phoebe Ryan. I love the tempo and the feel of this song, it's so relaxing but not boring. I could listen to this on repeat all day.

__________________________________________________

FOOD
WHITE REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS


The shop around the corner from me sell these for a very low price, so I am endangered of becoming the size of a house. But it's okay, these are worth it - maybe.


__________________________________________________

BLOGGER
ELIZAJAMESX


I love reading talented peoples blogs, my favourite blogger this month is my friend Eliza who has an amazing lifestyle blog which is beautifully written. She writes diary style entries, motivational posts and some beauty and favourites dotted about here and there. You won't get bored reading this blog. If you are after a good read, this is the place to go.


__________________________________________________


I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. I am slowly going to start getting back into my usual schedule from my holiday break so make sure to follow me on all of the usual social media and keep an eye out for more!






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love your March favorites :) I have been wanting to read Paper Town :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maureen, I would definitely recommend it! I recently took a John Green break but after this I want to read the rest of his books, they are all brilliant. xx

      Delete

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig