3.04.2015

BUDGET SKINCARE ROUTINE


Hey guys, I wanted to write something slightly different this time, for a long time I have been very obsessed about my skin, since I was 13 I have had a huge battle with my skin and acne and only now am I starting to realise to accept it, and learn things that are helping to control it.

One of the things that has a big effect on my skin heath, temporary and in the long term is my skin care. Now this is different for everyone depending on the person and what their skin type is, just incase you are wondering I have a balance between sensitive and oily. Which is a bit of a nightmare. Here's what's working for me at the moment.


Morning
In the morning I like to keep it very simple. After I have brushed my teeth I used my B. Clean Melting Gel Cleanser (£6.99). This is a cleaning oil that gently removes the dirt that has built up overnight. I know that using an oil cleanser when I have oily skin sounds crazy, but it has helped give my skin a healthier appearance, and as crazy as it sounds, my skin is less oily. After I have patted my skin dry I wipe on my Superdrug Tea Tree Cleanser and Toner (£3.29). This gives my skin a nice clean feeling and preps it for my Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser (£7.99) and honestly I feel like I have been using this for ever, it moisturises my skin without it feeling sticky and it sinks into the skin quickly, which when I am in a rush, is very useful.  


Evening
After work the first thing I like to do is remove my make-up, the easiest way that I have found is to use my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (£4.99). I then cleanse my face with the same oil cleanser, toner and moisturiser from the morning. After I have finished I use my only luxury skin care product. I personally believe that it is important to invest in something that is important to you. I have dark under eye circles that I have inherited from my Mum (thanks Mum...). I also know that my looking at my Mum is that her eye wrinkles was the only part of her face that ever gave away her age, because of this I have chosen to invest in eye care. My eye cream is the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream which is £19.33 from Amazon, or you can get in the Kiehl's Store for £24.50 which is what I did, and I regret it. Get it from Amazon guys. Since using it my eyes are more moisturised, the dark circles are less obvious when I use this, and honestly it has lasted about three months now so I'm making my moneys worth!


Treatment
Every now and again I like to use a skin treatment, now this consists of three things, spot treatment, face mask and exfoliator. I exfoliate my face the most as because my skin is oily, my pores are larger and therefore more likely to get clogged especially in such a poluted city as London, I will usually exfoliate my skin with a gentle exfoliator such as Superdrug's Naturally Radiant Micro Polish (£4.99) about 3-4 times a week, it is harsh enough to leave my skin smooth but not harsh enough to irritate it and make it worse. With my Good Things Five Minute Face Mask (£5.99) I usually use this at the end of the week as a treat, my face mask brightens my skin and makes me look less like a corpse, with oily skin usually come dull skin, so fighting this with a good facemask really helps and it gives my skin a lot of nutrients in one go to keep it healthy. I use my B. Treated Blemish Gel (£6.99) when I have my usual breakouts at the end of the month, I usually always have blemishes going on, I am not a good skinned girl and thats okay. But using this when I really needs it helps me put my make-up on easier and just makes me feel less like a spotty teenager!

Phew! So there you have it my full skincare routine, I hope that you found this useful in some way and that it helps you find your skincare routine. I will update this along the way but this is what is working for me at the moment.






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am a huge sucker for skincare products! Loved reading this post, it's a hard life being a student lol. The Garnier micellar water has only just hit NZ stores this month so i'll be keeping an eye out so i can try this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felicia, thank you! :) I would definitely give the micellar water a try as it takes any makeup off so easily! I kind of pile on the eye make-up so this is definitely a holy grail product for me! Good luck! xx

      Delete

© vihsee. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig